Yam, Apple, and Kale Skillet
This recipe is great with eggs! If you don’t eat eggs or like to keep your diet egg free, uncured ham is a great addition.
- 2-3 strips of Bacon
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 2 cups Yam (chopped and peeled)
- 2 medium Apples (peeled and diced)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 cups Kale (chopped)
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat, remove and reserve 2 Tbsp. fat.
- Saute ½ yellow onion 3-4 minutes.
- Add 2 cups chopped and peeled yam, 2 medium peeled and diced apples and 1 tsp. cinnamon to pan.
- Cook 8-10 minutes.
- Finally, add 2 cups chopped kale and cook 2 minutes longer.
Prep time: 5 minutes. Cook time: 20 minutes.
If you want more healthy eating recipes delivered directly to your email each and every week, be sure to visit EAT! 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners AND a comprehensive time and money saving shopping list to help you EAT for life!