Fat Burning Foods
If you are already eating REAL food (which is food that can be caught, killed or grown), there are certain foods you can incorporate into your diet that will help shed unwanted fat.
Now I always hesitate to label foods as such because inevitably people will take away what they want to hear. “Hey! Evie says I can eat salmon and I’ll burn fat!” All the while eating nachos, pizza or snacking on chocolate over the weekend. So this post comes with a BIG disclaimer because I tell the truth.
**Disclaimer: eating these foods won’t help you lose fat if you eat like shit several days per week!
But if you do EAT clean, try adding these foods into your diet:
- Cold water fish like salmon, grass-fed and/or wild meat. These proteins are high in omega-3 fats that help decrease insulin sensitivity and reduce inflammation.
- Walnuts and Almonds. These nuts are high in antioxidants, fiber, protein and fat. They can reduce hunger and increase satiety.
- Blueberries, Strawberries and Raspberries. These berries contain antioxidants and have little effect on blood sugar, in turn keeping insulin production in check.
- Avocados. This food has tremendous antioxidants, reduced inflammation and studies show it has helped to improve insulin sensitivity over time.
- Broccoli and Cruciferous Vegetables such as kale, bok choy, arugula and cauliflower. These foods help eliminate excess estrogen. Research also shows that they help delay carbohydrate absorption and therefore positively impact glucose response.
If you are already an EAT member, you probably recognize how many of these foods appear in the weekly shopping lists. That’s because the plans have a very specific purpose, beyond that of adding variety and ease of eating clean to your diet.
Super Food Explosion Salad
It’s my “go to” quick dinner when I’m whipping up dinner for one!
Do you want to effortlessly include more of these foods in your diet? Join EAT now!