Why Juicing Is A Bad Idea For Almost Everybody
If you have followed my writings for any length of time, you will be well versed on my opinion of juicing and drinking shakes. The subject is my hot button!
For those of you who aren’t clear on my position, click here to read a lengthy reasoning behind avoiding juice and shakes.
Or simply know these facts:
- Juicing vegetables is not the equivalent to eating vegetables.
- Juices are de-void of essential fiber.
- Proper digestion starts by smelling and chewing your food. Juicing doesn’t allow for this natural process.
- It’s expensive!
- It leaves you unsatisfied. You are a human, with teeth…you are meant to EAT real food!
- Juices will not lead to sustainable weight-loss and worse yet, typically lead to weight-gain.
So you can only imagine my excitement when I discovered an article published by a mainstream media outlet that FINALLY got it right!
Time Magazine nailed it with this article and I have to admit, I am pretty shocked. Mainstream media is typically not your most reliable source of fitness, nutrition or overall health information. Way to go Time!
Give this article the attention it deserves and spread it to all those who are wasting money, overdosing on sugar, spiking their insulin and missing valuable fiber by juicing.
This is a good day for all of us trying to sort through the lies and money motivated nutrition advice we are flooded with on a daily basis.
The bottom line…if you want to be happy, look and feel your best and enjoy life to it’s fullest, EAT real food!